“I am scared that in the future I will not have my own family as it is really hard to settle into a real relationship” – Oumou
Oumou and I met in Dubai while staying at an Airbnb apartment, we spent a whole day exploring the Arabian desert.
- Name? Oumou
- Where were you born? I was born in Paris, then when I was 5 we moved in suburb of Paris, After hight School went to north America,and now I am back living in Paris.
- Current location? Dubai
- Next location? London next week!
- What’s the hardest thing about living this lifestyle? I am scared that in the future I will not have my own family as it is really hard to settle in a real relationship.
- And the best part? For now I think its happiness, but only because I have this life style.
- Career? I used to be a clinical research assistant in pharmaceutical company, but I left my job when my boss start complaining about the fact that I was traveling too much … I was really lucky because before I left my job my parents advice me to invest a little be plus they help me. So I bought a really really small place in Paris, which I rent through Airbnb, and as it is Paris, it is always rented so I live with that, thanks God! Also, I do some trading business between Asia and Africa.
- When and Why did you start traveling? I started traveling before I even started talking or walking. Both of my parents are immigrants from Africa. So during the years they were working hard and on holidays we would spend almost 2 months in Mali. However, when my last Grand mother passed away we stop going there, I was 14, and every summer after that my parents allowed us to choose a new destination.
- Favourite place in the world? It is a really hard question, every part of the world possess his own beauty.
- What would be your life advice to a group of high school students? I would advice them to travel if they have the opportunity. Read more, books are good but to build more tolerance and bring more knowledge to this world traveling is the way. In my opinion, it is the people that we meet abroad, the lifestyle, and the culture that make us a little be smarter everyday.
- Are you in a relationship? No
- How is that going? Every time I am with someone, I feel unfree so I guess that means that I haven’t met my match yet.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, I do believe in it, but it hasn’t happened to me yet.
- One tip for any one thinking of joining this nomad lifestyle? People always say that when they get retired they will start this lifestyle. Guys, don’t be afraid to give up the stress or the routine just because you want to fit in the society. The best gift in life is to be healthy and not to be rich. Free spirits will understand this sentence.
- Anything else you want to share? No, When you come visit or I see you next time, I will share more stories and you can keep and share the ones that you like.